Providing and staging of cultural events, programs of educational seminars to maintain and foster links with cultures of Gujarat and India, and assist thereby the integrated development of the individuals of South Asian origin, and provide opportunities to develop skills in performing arts.
The Om Sai Cultural Association is a not for profit association that provides a community voice for the community who bring their contribution to the development of culture, arts, and heritage in Canada, as fundamental to Canada’s quality of life. OSCA collaborates with individuals and parties interested in achieving excellence in priorities such as, people, prosperity and heritage preservation, and embraces the ideals of equality, equity, freedom, respect for individuals and groups, as a principle fundamental to the success and growth of our Province and Country.
OSCA operates on values of integrity, professionalism, excellence, inclusiveness, responsibility to Members and the Community, leadership, transparency, teamwork and consultation, cooperation with other organizations, and sustainability.
OSCA creates inter-community activities and events, promoting Indo-Canadian cultural and spiritual values among other ethnic community groups and individuals.
- Host performances and exhibitions on international arts, music and culture;
- Host events and shows to promote performing arts including music, theatre, plays and other forms of artistic expressions.
- Celebrate pride, dignity and heritage of world renowned artists through awareness campaigns, events and cultural shows;
- Provide mentorships, scholarships and awards that ensures fostering talents of artists and artisans;
- Develop a museum which will exhibit modern, historical and contemporary arts, culture and spirit of South Asians;
- Conduct educational and exchange programs on arts and culture in association with renowned universities and colleges;
- Support and advance education by providing books, equipment and educational aid to the student and children with special needs;
- Advance education by providing vocational and skills based training programs for first nations, individuals with disabilities, immigrants, newcomers and other citizens across the globe;
- Provide educational scholarships, bursaries and other forms of financial assistance to the needy and underprivileged students;
- To promote excellence and efficiencies in Canada and internationally for individuals engaged in skills trade and workmanship through development and institution of apprenticeship programs